The RODS Newcomer Welcome Centre provides a variety of information on:
- Social Supports
- Budget and Finance
Our information Centre counts over 300 brochures, pamphlets and other information pieces on services and programs available in Regina. Newcomers can also access internet information on computer terminals at the NWC, and have their documents printed, faxed or scanned at the Centre.
The RODS Newcomer Centre provides referrals to the community and government services:
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- Can-Sask Career and Employment Services (CES)
- Orientation Services for Newcomers (OSN)
- Provincial Settlement Advisors
- Sask Health
- Language Asessment and Referral Centre
- Other Immigrant Service Agencies
The RODS Newcomer Welcome Centre hosts partners providing assessment and orientation services such as:
- School boards representatives (Public, Catholic and French); teachers from the three Regina school boards assess children and assist families with the registration process.
- English languages assessors (provincial); provincial language assessments can be booked at the NWC. Once assessed, newcomer clients will be provided with a list of English language training programs and locations. Contact us for questions regarding eligibility.
- Orientation Services for Newcomers (OSN); appointments can be booked with an OSN worker at the Centre, for permanent residents, looking for settlement advisors. Temporary residents as well as citizens who have been in Regina less than two years will be referred to a settlement advisor. (Please call, e-mail or drop in to check out your eligibility).
- Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS) for children and youth school orientation; Newcomer Children / Youth and their families receive orientations to help them choose which schools to be referred to (Public, Catholic or French).
Newcomers visiting the RODS Newcomer Welcome Centre may receive referral information, assessment and orientation booked in one place.
Visit the RODS Newcomer Welcome Centre during your first two weeks in Canada:
Family Fit Class with Emilio Apablaza
April 13, 2017
Family Fit Class with Alissa Norick
April 6, 2017
Involve - Develop your Community Leadership Skills
March 4, 2017